The 2013 Season ushered in a new era for PORTA Football! After three straight losing seasons with just three total wins, the 2013 Bluejays, led by their experienced and dedicated seniors turned things around to finish their season at 6-4.
Highlights of the 2013 season include:
- Unbeaten home record
- Third place finish in the Sangamo Conference
- First playoff appearance since 2009
- Thrilling 56-55 overtime homecoming win against Auburn
- Offensive line voted Prime Time Performer of the Week at Channel1450.com
- Jesse Setzer voted Prime Time Performer of the Week at Channel1450.com
- Jesse Setzer rushing for 2,249 yards…second highest in PORTA football history
- Jesse Setzer selected as the Chicago Bears player of the week
Additionally, the Bluejays JV team finished their season at 6-2 to carry the renewed excitement into the 2014 season!
See you next year!